- Business Continuity
- Application Modernization
- Virtual Clock &
Virtual Time-Zone Simulator
- Application Tools
TANDsoft’s OPTA2000™ is a clock and time-zone simulator for HP NonStop servers – Itanium, S-series, and Blades. It allows existing backup, development, and production systems to support worldwide consolidated applications. OPTA2000 eliminates the need to change system clocks in order to test environments that are time-sensitive. It also supports multiple time zones on a single server. No application modifications are required.
OPTA2000 was originally developed to meet the challenges of Y2K. Having to convert two-digit year formats into four-digit year formats and then testing affected applications to make sure they didn’t crash at midnight on January 1, 2000, was a developer’s nightmare a decade ago. Out of that “panic” grew a new industry, one providing clock-simulation tools that provided the ability to change the time and date of an application for testing, development, and maintenance purposes without having to change the system clock. One of those tools was OPTA2000.
Today, OPTA2000 is valued by HP NonStop customers worldwide for its use in many situations where time-sensitivity becomes an issue in application environments.
Features and Benefits
- Available on all HP NonStop servers
- No application modifications required
- Supports multiple virtual clocks and virtual time zones on one NonStop server
- Supports Daylight Saving Time (DST) transitions
- Supports major third-party applications
- Exclusion lists ensure normal system operation for TMF, EMS logging and other apps
- Enables the consolidation of multiple environments onto NonStop Integrity or Blades
- SystemView for selective access to specific CPUs